Our Design process begins after meeting with our customers and reviewing their objectives and design requirements and our Industrial design team works together to come up with a series of concept sketches which feature ranges of form configurations, analysis of economic usage, and preliminary engineering for component assembly. All Concepts are evaluated by the customer and scrutinized based on their feedback to produce a final design approach to move forward.
Phase 1 : Ideation – Market Research
- Based on the customer requirement and application of the product which is intended to develop, we will do Market Research and based on it we will work on Ideation so we don’t have any IP conflict.
- The success of any product depends on its Human Interface and User Analysis which is our key expertise while ideating any concept.
- Based on the above-mentioned points, we will come up with 4-5 Concept sketches which will show different form factors.
- Based on the discussion and brainstorming session with the customer, we will finalize one of the ideation which will be taken into detailed sketching.
- The Detailed sketch will have an exploded view, approximate fitment of internal components, mounting option details and so on.
Phase 2 : Industrial Design / CAD Design
- Upon confirmation on the detailed sketches, the detailed 3D modeling will be done.
- Manufacturability, Aesthetics and Proper Fitment of internal components will be done with utmost care.
- In the design stage itself, we will suggest on the Tooling Cost on different design options.
- Once the design is ready, we will carry out Thermal Analysis/Vibration Analysis on customer demand.
- Creating Manufacturing Drawings and Necessary Documents to build Prototype.
Phase 3 : Prototyping
- Prototyping is done using various techniques like: a. 3D Printing (FDM, SLS, MJF, SLA, MJP) b. CNC Machining c. Sheet Metal Laser Cutting and CNC Bending
- With the Printed parts, Checking the fitment of internal components and ensuring the working of the device with everything assembled.
- The Printing can be carried out multiple times with minor tweaks until ensuring all the aspects of the requirement are fulfilled.
Phase 4 : Low Volume Production & Certification
- We will do Low Volume Production for plastics using a method called Vacuum Casting / Silicone Molding.
- CNC machining Method is used for plastic and Aluminum Enclosures Low Volume Production.
- Laser Cutting, CNC Bending and Powder Coating/Anodizing methods are also used in case the part is made of Sheet Metal Enclosures.
- The Parts can be used to carry out real time testing and to get the certifications.
- The Certifications are provided by the World Class Testing Agency which are accepted globally.
- The Test that can be carried out are:
- Safety and EMC/EMI Testing.
- CE Marking
- Ingress Protection IPXX as per IEC 60529
- Vibration and Mechanical Stability Assessment
- UV Resistance and Exposure
- Temperature and Humidity Cycling
- Material Flammability (Burning Characteristic), ignition characteristic from various thermal and electrical sources and electrical Tracking.
Phase 5 : Tooling and Manufacturing
- Our In-House Tool Room Facility allows us to take care of creating Injection Molds.
- The Injection Molds Designs are done by our fully qualified staff who are always on hand to offer advice to ensure the tool design is manufactured in the most cost-effective way, while maintaining the highest Quality.
- Our Expert Tool Makers can handle Injection Molding Tools involving, Double Shot Molds and highly complex molds involving many Lifters.
- We can create Multi Cavity Molds as per Production Demands.
- Molds can be created to achieve a variety of ranges of surface finish.
- For Production, we have various Injection Molding Machines with a production capacity of 5000 units per day.
- Product Finishing like the following are also carried out:
- Laser Marking
- Screen Printing
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Configuration of complete assemblies
- And Finally, carefully packing and delivering the parts anywhere in the world via Air and Ship.
General Inputs Required
We need either of the following files of the PCB for us to work on the enclosure like DXF, DWG, STEP or Gerber File.
- IP Ratings- We can suggest IP Rating based on the application of the product.
- Number of ports or switches that have to be on the physical design.
- Battery Dimensions/Details.
- Sensor Details.
- Display Details.
- LED Details.
- Overall Dimensional Constraints
- Mounting Provisions if any.
- We will suggest the material based on the application.
- Finish of the product (Matte or Glossy
- Design Source Files
- Ideation Sketches
- Manufacturing Drawings in PDF format
- STL Files, STEP/STP Files
- Assembly Instruction Drawings
- Test Reports and Certifications